Though fruity wedding cake trends have been popular in the past, cakes with butter cream fillings have become a steady trend.
Some of the trending flavours for wedding cakes range from classic chocolate and vanilla flavours to coffee and walnut flavours. Each of the cake is filled with rich flavoured butter creams, such as lemon cake, chocolate ganache, etc. Here is the list of the top 10 wedding cake flavours, according to New York Weddings:
10. Chocolate-almond cake, chocolate ganache, and mocha butter cream
9. Banana cake and chocolate butter cream
8. Coconut cake and lime butter cream
7. Hazelnut-almond cake, chocolate ganache, and raspberries
6. White cake, lemon butter cream, and raspberries
5. Chocolate devil’s food cake, chocolate ganache, and praline butter cream
4. Lemon cake, lemon curd, and vanilla butter cream
3. Yellow butter cake and chocolate butter cream and/or chocolate ganache
2. Chocolate devil’s food cake, vanilla butter cream, and raspberries
1. Chocolate devil’s food cake and vanilla butter cream
Presentation is key to make these amazing cake flavours stand out. In Granada especially, cream icing is more popular than fondant due to the hot weather and the limited storage space to keep the fondant cool. One of the trends for cakes this season is the ruffled cream icings. The ruffles add a classic and fun texture to the cake.
Another trend that is taking speed is cakes made out of wheels of cheese. Here are some pictures to show you what it is, since you have to see it to understand the concept.